As the country, and wider world, struggles with Covid-19 over a protracted period, the housing market remain open. As responsible estate agents, we want to ensure that everything we do is as safe as possible. Here are some useful tips to help protect yourself and others.
- Open all doors and windows, where possible, to ensure fresh airflow.
- Wait outside whilst we conduct the viewings. If this is not possible, wear a facemask (unless exempt).
- If you have decided to conduct your own viewings, maintain a 2m social distance at all times.
- Sanitise all potential touch points after the viewing
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly.
- Make sure you are displaying no symptoms of Covid-19, which include fever/high temperature, a new persistent cough and a loss/change of taste or smell. This includes if you have been requested to, or should be, self isolating as you have been in contact with someone with the virus.
We will be able to offer potential viewers virtual viewings if you are not comfortable to have people entering your home. However, it is likely, as legislation allows, that buyers may prefer to take the opportunity to visit ‘in person’. It is important, in this instance, that we play our part in keeping you safe and will take precautions, including:
- Wearing personal protection equipment, gloves and facemasks
- Washing our hands regularly
- Using 80% alcohol hand sanitiser when we are out and about
- We carry a supply of spare sanitiser, antibacterial and anti-viral disinfectant.
- We ensure viewers are from and limited to the same household on each viewing.
- Endeavour to prevent viewers from touching anything during the viewing.
- Disinfecting anything we have touched during the viewing.
- Ensure we are displaying none of the symptoms of Covid-19, or been in contact with someone who has later tested positive for the virus.
Buying a home can be a very exciting time and we understand that you want to get the most out of every viewing you attend. However, during these unprecedented times it is necessary that you take steps to protect yourselves and others around you. We therefore ask you to do the following when attending an ‘in person’ viewing:
- Make sure the property you are viewing is appropriate, feel free to contact us if there is anything in particular you need to know before making a booking.
- Request virtual viewings wherever possible.
- Viewings will be limited to single household attendees only.
- Do not touch any surfaces. If you want to look inside a cupboard etc. let us know.
- Keep a 2m social distance at all times.
- Bring your own PPE i.e. facemask (unless exempt) and sanitise your hands before and after the viewing.
- Make sure you are displaying no symptoms of Covid-19 and should not be self-isolating due to having been in contact with someone with the virus.